Leads the design, testing and implementation of compensation solutions that support and are aligned with the organization’s business strategies and bring the total rewards philosophy to life. S/he works with business leaders and HR business partners to proactively understand the talent and rewards needs of the organization and design/implement rewards solutions to address those needs.
This position is aligned to specific divisions in Thrivent, to provide compensation consulting services (design, testing, implementation, administration, & training). Provides strategic and tactical consultation on a variety of compensation issues in the business.
Also plays a lead role on the team in one or more of the organization-wide compensation programs such as: annual incentives, long-term incentives, executive compensation, annual merit process, pay delivery, pay structure, market competitiveness, board compensation or recognition.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with HR business partners and business leaders as an internal consultant to strategize, develop and implement compensation programs which align with business strategies and priorities
- Lead the design, testing, and implementation of large, complex compensation solutions that are aligned with the most critical business strategies and bring the total rewards philosophy to life
- Leverage market data in the consultation and analysis of compensation issues for assigned business units, including analysis of internal and external compensation data, market pricing and evaluating jobs, developing recommendations for new and existing positions across the organization and participating in salary surveys
- Lead and provide work direction to cross-functional teams that create the operational design, technology support and resourcing model for testing, refining and implementing new compensation solutions
- Monitor, analyze and leverage internal and external data, trends and insights in rewards and talent
- Influence, educate and persuade organization-wide stakeholders, including senior leaders
- Define and implement measurement plans and metrics to assess the effectiveness and impact of compensation initiatives and programs; proactively recommend changes, as needed
- Create and implement change management and communications plans, or partners with others to do so
- Manage scope, schedule and resources, including vendors, of projects
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; advanced degree and Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in multiple HR disciplines, including compensation or benefits with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience working with payroll systems (such as Workday) and market pricing software (such as MarketPay)
Other Critical Factors
- Experience leading large, complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to influence others from across the organization, including executives and others at higher levels
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.