Evaluate, recommend and lead the operations and administration of employee benefit plans, as well as manage third party vendor partners and administrative solutions. Oversee and perform the day-to-day activities of the benefits department and be accountable for ensuring compliance with government regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Benefit program administration including Medical, HSA, Dental, Life, Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, COBRA, and 401(k)
- Perform the day-to-day operation and administration of the retirement savings plan. Directs services provided by the outside savings plan vendor.
- Analyze savings plans and recommend plan design and vendor changes; coordinate the introduction of new programs and savings plans processes; assist in the management of the savings plans budgets.
- Conduct IRS required qualified and nonqualified plan non-discrimination testing.
- Prepare savings plans 5500 filings, oversee production of SARS, and other governmental filings and reports for the savings plans to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Assist in acquired company plan mergers, transfers and terminations, and recommends an integration approach for existing plans.
- Assists with the development of subsidiary company benefit administration processes and procedures.
- Collects data on industry standards and practices to determine competitive positioning of the organization's benefit offerings.
- Manages the annual open enrollment process working closely with Broker and outside vendors. Manages benefit open enrollment meetings, assisting in developing presentation materials, and ensuring that all employee health and welfare enrollment elections are processed accurately in the company's HCM and vendor systems.
- Participate in the preparation, review, and distribution of plan documents and summary plan descriptions.
- Review benefit invoices to ensure accuracy, prepares and compiles self-funded benefit invoices and audits for accuracy.
- Oversees administration of leaves of absences, provides guidance and support for FMLA, and ADA accommodation compliance requests from Plant HR Team.
- Remain current on all FMLA, ADA, COBRA, HIPAA & related laws & regulations.
- Benefit HCMS, HR Systems backup
- Ensure compliance with ERISA and other legal requirements including but not limited to annual updates and communication of plan documents and summary plan descriptions. Assist in preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies
- Provides analytical support and data analysis on projects and human resource metrics.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Business, Human Resources or related field.
Five years benefits and retirement (401k) plan experience and/or training; international benefits administration experience and communication experience preferred, previous experience with HRIS/ Payroll systems preferred, merger, acquisition and divestiture experience preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
Certified Benefits Professional (CEBS/ CBP) designation or in-progress
Directly supervises employee(s )Benefits department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.