Aon is looking for a Compensation Analyst
As part of Aon’s Rewards Solutions practice, you will help empower results for McLagan clients by delivering financial services compensation surveys and consulting. McLagan surveys are the backbone to our industry-specific performance and advisory work. This position offers an opportunity to work as an Analyst in our Bloomington, MN office as a member of the Regional & Community Banks team.
Our clients include virtually every leading global financial services firm, including alternative and traditional asset managers, insurers, banks and wealth management. Our business model is based on creating and expanding long-term partnerships with our clients. Many of our key client relationships extend back to McLagan’s inception in 1966. More information about Aon Rewards Solutions is available at https://rewards.aon.com/en-us/. More information about McLagan products is available at https://mclagan.aon.com/
Overview of Role:
The Analyst will be part of a highly productive team of industry experts. In our team-based work environment, the Analyst will play a vital role in delivering data-enabled solutions to our clients. Analysts are provided extensive exposure to senior leaders and at our clients.
Based on each individuals’ abilities and interests, employees will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of assignments/experiences including: broad based compensation benchmarking, executive and director compensation, incentive plan design, industry research, marketing and business development, internal and client training, survey design and administration, template design and administration, and report writing.
This Compensation Analyst role has a range of responsibilities including:
- Analysis / Reporting: Analyze large amounts of data to drive findings and insights in client engagements.
- Consulting: Prepare consulting presentations and analyses (under direction) geared toward delivering insights to clients on their compensation objectives.
- Survey Relationship Manager: Serve as the point person for clients with respect to McLagan’s Regional & Community Banking Compensation Survey. Assist clients with data collection to ensure accurate submissions as well as helping clients understand and utilize results.
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required:
- 0-3 years of relevant experience as a data analyst supporting HR professionals, consultant, or financial analyst.
- An interest in compensation consulting and financial services / consulting services is essential.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel (chart/graph creation, lookups, array formulae, nested ifs, pivot tables, etc.) and MS PowerPoint (creating smart and professional presentations with commentary) is required.
- Successful candidates will be self-starters with the ability to learn and work independently and as part of a team on several projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Attentive note-taker. Fast learner.
- Strong analytical skills. Creative innovation and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Self-confidence and humility.
- Ability to manage multiple time sensitive tasks and aptitude to “manage up”.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in financial services / consulting services is desirable.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.